Thursday, October 23, 2008

Climbing aboard the Red Cheetah

I am proud to announce that I will be racing on Atomic skis, bindings, and boots for the first time this season! Atomic's World Cup racing ski, the "Red Cheetah" is the lightest xc racing ski that has ever been made.

The APU elite team has created quite a coterie of athletes racing on Atomic, as Olympian James Southam, Bart Dengel, Kassie Rice and I will be working to achieve our goals on Atomic skis, boots, and bindings. We will be allowed to race in an APU suit, so we can still represent the team that has helped turn our bodies into finely tuned machines (well..that's what we're striving for anyway).

My new skis arrived today, so I am looking forward to testing them out. Aside from being speedy, the Atomic get-up looks pretty snazzy. Check out my boots!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie,
wondering if perhaps you might have the info on a boot issue Ive noticed being that you are now under the atomic banner. I've noticed in the past year or so, that a number of atomic athletes (Weier, Cook when he was on atomic, and a few others domestically) are all using atomic boots that are essentially the Salomon S-labs in red and white and atomic branding. Then there are of course a number of others on the atomic program that are using the World Cup boots like you have pictured there. I was just wondering if you happened to know why atomic is running two top end boot lines and one being only exclusively available? Seems odd to me and rather economically impractical for atomic and was curious if you had any insight.

EDM

Luke S said...

I love Atomic skis. I have 2 pairs of Atomic Worldcup skate skis and they are the fastest skis I own, and often the fastest skis in a field dominated by Fischers and Rossis

LAV said...

katie... show us your "boots!"

skatie ronski said...

EDM-
Good question. The boot with the black heel is the original prototype and it was made a couple years ago. Not all of those boots were distributed when they were made, so there are still some floating around. The boot I have pictured is the boot that is currently in production; it's used by sponsored Atomic athletes and is sold in stores. It's a matter of time frame-- there are not actually two high end boot lines.

Luke-
Thanks for sharing, that's great to hear! I have heard nothing but great things about Atomic's Worldcup skis and can't wait to test out the new boards.

LAV-
Haha! I'm glad you enjoyed the inside joke. Now that my prefrontal cortex is fully developed, I'm hoping to be much wiser in my 23rd year:)