Thursday, January 21, 2010

Upcoming Schedule-- Thank You Sponsors!

I have set up my upcoming travel schedule which is aimed at soaking up opportunities and getting in as much high level racing as possible. I hope gain experience traveling and racing abroad and improve my points in a season before World Championships. Here is my proposed schedule:

***********************************************************************
Anchorage, AK (USA): training block (Jan 20-29)
Canmore, AB, (CAN): World Cup sprint race (Jan 30th-Feb 8th)
Silver Star, BC, (CAN): training block (Feb 9th-14th)
Vancouver, BC and Whistler, BC (CAN): cheer at the Olympics (Feb 15-20)
Zieglebrucke (Swizerland): Swiss Cups (Feb 21-March 3)
La Fleclaz (France): OPA Cups (March 3-8)
Rogla (Slovenia): OPA Cup Finals (March 9-14)
Garmish (Germany): FIS races (March 15-18)
Fort Kent, Maine (USA): Supertour Finals (March 19-31)
***********************************************************************

These two months traveling around the world and finding hotels and condos in fancy resort areas will not be cheap. I usually try to be as frugal and thrifty as possible-- sometimes to the bewilderment of others. My savings will go quickly, but this is what I have been saving for and I think my money will be well spent. This nordic racing dream would not become my reality without the generous support of my sponsors. In particular, I want to thank Joy Backstrom and Katie Pirano of the Physical Therapy Place, LLC and Doug Pauly and staff of the Northern Fruit Co for their financial support. Additionally, I want to thank the people have opened up their homes, fed me, offered their Airline miles, and have helped me cover costs of living on the road. Thank you-- you know who you are! I will look forward to representing my sponsors, my hometown, and my country to the best of my ability as I embark on the adventure ahead.

No comments: