Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Double Poling in "The Pit"

The snow in the mountains has been teasing us....there's a nice dusting although there hasn't been enough to nordic ski just yet. As the dusting has crept its way down, so has our rollerskiing. Not the intensity or duration-- just the altitude, so we can use the least icy roads! Here is a 4x(45", 60", 90" L5 double poling) workout we did yesterday in the former gravel pit.

For my relatives who dont get to watch a lot of skiing- double poling is the primary flat-terrain technique for classic skiing. I know we all look alike in the video, but Im the only female in blue tights with white strips and the black/red Atomic boots.

I must say it's awesome to get to hammer around with such a cohesive and hard working team. There are so many strong skiers that on any given day a different person can be in the leading charge, which makes it fun.

These videos can be useful for analyzing aspects of my teammates' technique, and then we can try to emulate each others' strengths. Also, I can see what I am doing and compare it to what I felt and I think I was doing. For example, I imagined I was coming more forward and up with my hips, however, I could stand to open up my body a bit more. In our next double pole session I will practice doing this better, and if Erik/Eric video tapes it I will share it with you.

Until then, do your snow dances! Thanks for checking in,

Katie

No comments: