Friday, December 26, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is... SKIS!

Little Callie was just asking for chocolate from Santa, but Mr. Claus must've known that she was an exceptionally good girl this year because she also got skis!
Two year olds just don't get any cuter than Callie. We got to cheer her on as she raced around on skis for the first time-- she's a natural. Apparently, when I first stepped on skis I was a complete klutz...so the truth came out about why my parent's signed me up for dance and gymnastics classes.

Miss Callie even tried a little skijoring!
I have also been thrilled with the new skis I have received from Atomic this year. They are rockets and the flex of each pair in my fleet is dialed in for each type of snow condition. I think its important to have a lot of "tricks in the bag" in order to consistently race fast on a multitude of courses and conditions. Fitness is of utmost importance but skis do make a difference. Since we're racing at many different venues (that have varying humidities, temperatures, snow types, etc) and weather is often volatile anyway, it's imperative to be able to pick from an arsenal of skis if a skier expects to frequently race fast. Its assuring knowing that I have the equipment needed to perform my best and I wont need to worry whether I will have fast skis in certain types of snow. Instead, I will be able to focus on the adjustments within my control on race day-- such as how I will adjust my technique and tempo for certain snow conditions and terrain.

No comments: