Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Californ-i-a

Bentley and I soaking up the sun in Loma Linda, California.
Ronsse vs. Bently vs. Libby Medusa?
Janelle on our Easter Sunday ride.
Justin Libby waxing up one of the boards pre-surf-sesh. I spend most of my time in the the nordic racing microcosm, so it was fascinating for me to get to spend time learning about the world of water sports. Even though surfing and nordic skiing are entirely different sports, they both include waxing as well as adjusting to the varying conditions (waves/snow) with different techniques and equipment (boards/skis). There are "Shortboards", "Longboards", "Fishes", "Funboards", and "Guns"... Oh MY! Also, we got to stay with my cousin, Nick, in Ventura and learn all about shaping and making a boards! Pretty cool.
I absolutely loved getting out of my element and learning how to surf. It's challenging and fun-- something I I could see myself doing in another lifetime.
Justin, Katie, Michelle, Landon, Kai, Melissa, Clark, and Jason jumping for joy. Life is good.

3 comments:

JL said...

Yea Haa,

Nice shots. Looks familiar. The artificial shadowing is still abit obvious though. Oh well. Looking forward to this weekened. Just found out there is another race next weekend up at the same place. I ran into Robert (the guy who beat me in the dirt crit) last night and we talked for quite abit. Been looking at state races etc. Thanks again for the great time

skatie ronski said...

JL,

Yes, it was an incredible trip. Thank YOU! And thanks for taking most of the pics I posted.

Good luck this weekend. It was awesome to see you guys riding so well-- wish I could cheer "Los Lonely Boys" on in the grueling 24hrs of pain tomorrow! Looking forward to hearing about it and your upcoming races too.

steffi said...

OHHHHHHHHHHHHH JA - that looks wunderschoooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
;-)