Monday, November 1, 2010

The Northern Fruit Company

I am proud to announce that Northern Fruit Company will continue as my financial sponsor for the 2010-2011 racing season! I feel honored to represent a company that promotes health and encourages community development as much as Northern.
The Northern Fruit Co. is located in Wenatchee, Washington, and is committed to providing customers with the highest quality of fresh fruit. At Northern they grow and ship over 1 million boxes of the best apples, cherries, and pears each year.
Here I am, Northern's proud Nordic skier pictured with boxes of "Nordic" apples I found in my local grocery store in Anchorage. With Northern's highest quality standards and state-of-the-art fruit preservation methods, fresh, healthy fruit can be available year-round.

Doug Pauly, a leader on Northern's production team, is a former teacher from the Yup'ik village of Kwigillingok, AK. It was there he gave my parents their first introduction to Nordic skiing. Since Doug moved back to the "Apple Capital of the World", he has helped Northern excel and has continued to be a leader in advocating Nordic skiing, healthy lifestyles, and community development.

I am incredibly grateful for Northern's support. I will represent the Northern team to the best of my ability this season!

No comments: