Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Bug

Our team chemistry this year has exceptionally fun and positive which has made training, traveling, and racing very enjoyable. As a whole, the team's results have also been outstanding. One of my teammates wrote about this very thing and explained it quite elegantly. I wanted to share it with you.

"The APU girls team definitely has something special right now. I've been trying to boil it down, put my finger on it, & identify it but I can't..... People have asked me what it is, wanting to create the same thing amongst their team(s) but I don't know that it's reproducible. Some how we have the right people, with the right chemistry, at the right time. We have great coaches, hard working, professional wax techs, and good attitudes. We live for hard workouts, we switch leads in intervals, we give each other feedback on ways that we can improve. Most people view cross country skiing as an individual sport but it can be so much more than that.

I think that good results and good attitudes are infectious and we have the bug. Once someone breaks through, everyone else starts doing well. There is a domino effect and it's awesome." - Holly Brooks

In fact, her entire blog post is very well done. You can check it out here.

Brent Knight, another teammate of mine and fellow Atomic athletes, just posted a great video introducing many of the APU athletes. Thanks for putting this together Brent. Check it out!


No comments: