Monday, September 22, 2008

Kincaid Stampede

This past weekend was the final Anchorage Rollerski Series race. My teammates and I were uncertain how the racing would go after several weeks of high intensity training, but the hard work must be getting ingrained in our systems because we had very encouraging results.

Almost all of the APU athletes improved their personal times significantly. I was excited to find out that I was 42" faster than last year. Miss Fitz took the cake as the "most improved" --she was 1.5minute faster! It was evident we have been fine-tuning our double pole, because we were able to double pole more of the course than before.
Katie Ronsse and Laura Valaas-- thanks to Ian Mannix for the nice photo.

After the race Kikkan mentioned that "Erik has effectively managed to deplete every muscle group in my body". I had to agree with her. This week we get a recovery week (with 8 hours on the training plan) to allow our bodies to absorb the training and, hopefully, come back stronger when we repeat the cycle in the coming weeks!

No comments: