Sunday, November 16, 2008

Rock Solid Earrings

This fall had the chance to revisit my creative side and rekindle my love for rocks. (I know, I may not be normal --but yes, rocks!) As a little girl my parents would enforce a “5 rock rule” on our hikes, so that I wouldn't attempt to bring home an entire mountain. I had an extensive collection and would paint, tumble, or leave them in their natural state. To the amusement of my neighbors, I would ebulliently travel door-to-door selling these rocks. During my teenage years my fascination with rocks was latent, but in the past couple months I have been immersing myself in podcasts of "Ask Dr. Dawn", as well as pieces of malachite, moukaite, jasper, serapherite, agate, unikite, turquoise, Swarovski crystals and other beads. I got a carried away and made a bunch of earrings (some of which were inspired by the work of my amazingly talented friend, Anna Barnwell). I promised my Aunt in Kansas I would take some pictures so she could pick some out for Christmas gifts, so decided to post my efforts to the public. So, similar to the past, I am going to spread the love and sell these little pieces of heaven...this time in the form of earrings.

If you are interested purchasing hand-crafted earrings, 100% of the proceeds will go directly to my race entry fees and travel expenses from racing. The earrings styles are numbered and range from $8-17. Click on the album to view the captions which will soon be updated with prices and stone types. For an additional $2 I can switch them to Sterling silver hooks. Disclaimers: I try to pair the rocks as best as possible, but not all of them will be identical in size and pattern. Also, I can not guarantee multiple pairs of earrings for each earring set pictured. My wiring techniques aren’t perfect, but I can try to fix something if it bends or breaks. Lastly, I will be traveling on the Supertour/NorAm circuit from Nov 22-Dec 15, so I may be slow to respond during that time frame.

The holiday and the racing season is here…ROCK(s) ON!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did'nt know you were making earrings that is really cool. I am pretty sure you got all the creative genes. You should do a blog or "how to" on knitting or croshay.

skatie ronski said...

Hey Nathan,
Thanks! Maybe I will...once I start knitting again :) I'm not so sure about the creative genes part though-- I still remember all those little figurines you used to paint!

Anna Barnwell said...

katie these are great! nice work! exciting!

LAV said...

yep. that skatie is one talented chick.