Saturday, March 14, 2009

Podium at Canadian Nationals!

I made the podium yesterday in the individual classic sprint race at Canadian Nationals. In the A-final, Valaas dominated the race while Shayla Swanson and I lunged to the line for second. They let us review the photo finish in the timing hut after the race, and sure enough-- Shayla was 2nd overall and was crowned as the Canadian National Champion. I was still thrilled to be third! Women's Podium- Laura Valaas (USA), Shayla Swanson (CAN), Katie Ronsse (USA), Alysson Marshall(CAN), and Kate Brennan(CAN). Brennan won the prelim and was sitting in contention for a medal untill she crashed out in the final.
My teammates Mike Matteson, Ky Eiben, Bart Dengel, and Peter Kling enjoying the skiing and sunshine this morning. Tomorrow is the 30k/50k skate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glueckwunsch Katie!!!!
Super gut ;-)
Hopefully we get it managed that I am with my phone when you call or you have your phone when I call,...hihi

skatie ronski said...

Danke Steffi! Yeah, seriously :) Hope you're enjoying your sunny days at Vail and can't wait to catch up with you soon!