Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One Way to Deal with Aggresive Motorists

As I was rollerskiing, a car packed full of kids came speedily swerving through the neighborhood. One of the boys in the back seat climbed out of the window and yelled an unkind obscenity in my direction.

I gave the passengers in the car a glare and thought, "I did nothing to deserve that comment." I was annoyed with these strangers. And for some reason I felt empowered to do something that scared me-- I was going to confront this pubescent boy!

So I picked up my pace and did my best to follow the path of this unsuspecting car as it rounded the corners. I later found the car sitting in a culdesac driveway with the passengers still enclosed. I tapped the tip of my ski pole on the back window to get the boy's attention. Needless to say, the kids were stunned! I had a little chat with the culprit, which miraculously ended with the young man showing signs of remorse and me feeling pretty smug.

I'm guessing the teens retrospectively found it pretty hilarious that a lyra-clad rollerskiing chick followed them home to hold a stranger accountable. I know my friends and I had a good, hard laugh when I shared the details of the encounter!

1 comment:

Hone said...

Way to teach that little twerp to have some respect!!