Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kincaid Stampede Rollerski Race

The crisp fall days bring more rollerskiing time trials to the table as we transition from dryland training into the ski season. We capped off a 7-week training block by r-ski racing out at Kincaid park. I always think its more exciting and enjoyable to do a hard effort with a bib on my back and family and friends out there cheering!
Here's the lead pack of guys circling through a pace-line. Mark Iverson is leading the charge by cutting the wind as the others hang on and get ready to take their turn. The relatively flat course and light breeze made the racing more interesting because drafting was a more significant factor.
Kikkan Randall puts the hurt down on Laura Valaas and I at about 1.5k from the finish line after she lead most of the race (an E.Flora photo). I am fortunate to have these ladies to train with, learn from, and push me to become better on a daily basis. I would not have had such a fast time or as much fun without them leading the charge-- throughout this race as well as the entire summer of training! Results can be found HERE.

No comments: