Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Sanctuary

My favorite place on Earth is "flat, desolate, and muddy as sin" -JCL. The mudflats used to be my summer infatuation, but I have discovered they can be a playground in the winter months as well.
Mom running out to the ocean
to try a few yoga moves. Mt. Redoubt-- the volcano that's been in the news lately for its seismic activity-- is to the right of my right leg.
I guess it runs in the family. I hope I can be as fit as my Mom 30 years from now...or wait...maybe I should hope for mercy for the next time we do a bike ride over 3hrs together! I think a "really long ride" is 75 miles; her definition of a "really long ride" is 750 miles over 3.5 days (PBP '03 and '07).
This place makes me want to JUMP!

4 comments:

LAV said...

beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I recognize this quote!- JCL

skatie ronski said...

LAV- I must agree. My vote is on a winter version of our summer mudflat picnic...but this time it will be in celebration of YOUR bday!

JCL- There are few people in this world who know which poet wrote those words, but you are one of them :)

Anonymous said...

Extrem Super Schoen !!!!!!